The cause of death is under joint investigation by the Prince George's County Police and Fire Departments.
Wednesday, November 28, 2012
Friday, November 9, 2012
The blaze ripped through a single family home, causing an estimated $150,000 in damage.
A Glenn Dale man in his 50s was injured Thursday night in a fire that destroyed his home, according the Prince George’s County Fire Department (PGFD). PGFD units were dispatched to the single-family house fire on 7800 block of Northern Avenue at approximately 7:30 p.m. Wednesday. Firefighters arrived on the scene to find heavy fire conditions throughout the home, said PGPD Spokesperson Mark Brady. Brady reported that about 60 firefighters battled the blaze for nearly an hour before extinguishing the bulk of the flames. The homeowner was taken to a burn unit and is reported in good condition, said Brady, and no one else was injured in the fire. According to PGFD, the home and its contents were a total loss, estimated at $150,000. The fire’…
Thursday, May 10, 2012
An unattended candle in a Greenbelt home is ruled the cause of the fire.
An unattended candle in a second floor bedroom sparked the house fire on the 53 Court of Ridge Road in Greenbelt, MD, Wednesday night, Prince George's County Fire Department spokesman Mark Brady told Patch on Thursday. He said investigators have labeled the fire as accidental. A woman was at home when the fire started, according to Assistant Chief Christopher Ransom of the Greenbelt Volunteer Fire Department. She was treated on the scene for anxiety, he said. The house is going to need renovations after the smoke and water damage, according to Ransom. Brady said the female resident could not stay in the townhouse because of the damage, which is estimated at $20,000. The county's Citizen Services Unit assisted the woman with her personal …