.

Seastar Seafood in Lanham Catches Fire on Halloween

An electrical cause was at the root of the fire, according to a Prince George's County official.

The roof of Seastar Seafood in Lanham, MD caught fire Wednesday morning, according to Mark Brady, chief spokesman for Prince George's County Fire/EMS Department, because of an electrical reason.

Firefighters extinguished the fire in about 20 minutes, and no one was injured in the fire, Brady said.

Although the roof was ignited, it wasn't the only part of the restaurant damaged because of drop down damage from water or heat, he said.

The restaurant, located on Ellerby Street, had about $20,000 in damages, Brady added.

Boards

More »
Got a question? Something on your mind? Talk to your community, directly.
Note Article
Just a short thought to get the word out quickly about anything in your neighborhood.
Share something with your neighbors.What's on your mind?What's on your mind?Make an announcement, speak your mind, or sell somethingPost something
See more »