Looking for an event where fun and safety go hand-in-hand?
Check out the Glenn Dale Fire Association’s Public Fire and Safety Prevent Open House this Saturday, Sept. 29, from noon to 4 p.m.
In honor of Fire Prevention Week in October, several Prince George’s County Fire Departments are hosting open houses to raise fire safety awareness in the community. This year’s theme, “Have 2 Ways Out” highlights the importance of having multiple fire escape routes from homes and businesses, according to a Prince George’s County Fire Department (PGFD) press release.
According to the release, planned activities include:
- Apparatus Displays.
- 9-1-1 emergency system demonstrations.
- Hector the Fire Safety Clown.
- Free blood pressure checks on request.
- Automobile extrication demonstration.
- Fire safety trailer.
- Fire safety brochures and handbooks.
- Fun activities and fire hats for the kids!
- US Park Police “Eagle” Helicopter (subject to availability).
The Glenn Dale Fire Association is located at 11900 Glenn Dale Blvd. in Glenn Dale. The open house is free to the public. Call 301-805-2400 or check their website here for more details.