.

Firefighters Put Out Electrical Fire in Greenway Shopping Center

There were no injuries and damages were estimated to be about $500.

Firefighters extinguished an electrical fire in a vacant store in the Greemway Shopping Center Monday afternoon.

The fire at 7499 Greenbelt Rd. began around 1:30 p.m. in an electrical panel in a vacant store while contractors were working inside, according to Mark Brady, Prince George's County Fire/EMS chief spokesman. 

The store was a dental office next to Dress Barn, according to Tarina Windear, Dress Barn assistant manager.

Firefighters used an extinguisher to put the fire out and no one was injured, Brady said. The damage estimate was around $500, and the fire department turned the scene over to Pepco, Brady said. 

Boards

More »
Got a question? Something on your mind? Talk to your community, directly.
Note Article
Just a short thought to get the word out quickly about anything in your neighborhood.
Share something with your neighbors.What's on your mind?What's on your mind?Make an announcement, speak your mind, or sell somethingPost something