.

Fan Motor Causes Small Fire in Greenbelt Apartment Overnight

A exhaust vent in the ceiling caught on fire just after midnight in an apartment off Breezewood Terrace.

Prince George's County firefighters were called out to the 9000 block of Breezewood Terrace after an exhaust vent caught on fire just after midnight in Greenbelt, MD Friday.

According to Mark Brady, county fire/EMS spokesman, the fire was in a third floor garden apartment.

Firefighters discovered the exhaust vent in the ceiling was on fire and it was quickly extinguished, Brady said. No rescue was needed for the occupants.

It was determined that a fan motor caused the fire, leaving approximately $2,000 in damages, he added.

Jay Friedman January 05, 2013 at 02:22 PM
I may have lost the correct count, however, I believe that this is the second fire in that area in the past two weeks. Both were caused by a malfunction. Fire trucks were also on a call Thursday night but nothing serious was found. Perhaps THE PATCH could look into how many times the fire department has had respond to a call in that area in the past 90 days due to non-occupant issues.

Boards

More »
Got a question? Something on your mind? Talk to your community, directly.
Note Article
Just a short thought to get the word out quickly about anything in your neighborhood.
Share something with your neighbors.What's on your mind?What's on your mind?Make an announcement, speak your mind, or sell somethingPost something
See more »