Doctors Community Hospital, the Greenbelt Lion’s Club and Maryland Delegate Anne Healy will hold an American Red Cross blood drive on Thursday, Dec. 29 from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. in the hospital’s DSE room on the 5th floor of the north building.
Blood donors must be at least 17 years old, weigh at least 110 pounds, be in good general health and not have donated blood within the last 56 days.
Doctors Community Hospital estimates that donating blood takes about 20 minutes. Call 301-552-8060 to make an appointment.
Some Blood Donating Tips from the American Red Cross
- Be sure to drink plenty of fluids the day of your donation.
- Wear clothing with sleeves that can easily be rolled up above the elbow.
- Maintain a healthy level of iron in your diet before donating. If possible, include iron-rich foods in your diet, especially in the weeks before your donation.
- Bring a list of medications you are taking
- Bring an ID: Please bring either your donor card, driver's license or two other forms of identification.