With Thanksgiving around the corner, it’s possible to forget an item or two when preparing favorite dishes. Here's a list of places in Greenbelt that will be open on Thanksgiving Day.
- Safeway will be open from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m.
- Giant will be open during its regular business hours from 6 a.m. to 12 a.m.
- Cipriano Square Liquors and Deli will be open from 9 a.m. to 10 p.m.
For pots, pans, cooking trays or even a gravy boat—the Greenbelt Kmart and Target will be open on Thanksgiving and then again on Black Friday.
- Kmart will be open from 6 a.m. to 4 p.m. on Thanksgiving. It will reopen at 8 p.m. Thanksgiving and stay open until 3 a.m. on Black Friday, then reopen again from 5 a.m. until noon on Black Friday.
- Target will be open on Thanksgiving starting at 9 p.m. and will remain open through Black Friday until 11 p.m.
- The Greenbelt Big Lots will be open from 7 a.m. to 9 p.m.
People looking for an easy way out of cooking that Thanksgiving meal will find several restaurants are open in Greenbelt.
- Ruby Tuesday will be open Thanksgiving Day from 3 p.m. to 9 p.m.
- Boston Market nearby will be open from 10 a.m. to 7 p.m.
- Silver Diner will be serving its standard menu from 7 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- Willy K’s Restaurant will be serving breakfast and continental items from 7 a.m. to 11 a.m.
If you have a favorite restaurant or grocery store that you know is open on Thanksgiving, let us know in the comments.