The Greenbelt Farmers Market will celebrate the end of its season on Sunday at the last regular market of the year, from 10 a.m. until 2 p.m. in the Roosevelt Center parking lot in Greenbelt, MD.
Sunday's Market Offerings Include
- Rita Calvert: Author and sustainable food professional will serve a brined, grilled turkey with bumpy beer mustard butter. Calvert will give brining and grilling tips for pasture raised turkeys and show how to carve a turkey.
- This is the last chance to order a Thanksgiving turkey or duck from Ferguson Farms for a humanely raised bird for the holiday, according to the market.
- The Prince George's County Master Gardeners will answer fall gardening questions.
- Arlington Northwest Morris Dancers will entertain with dance starting around 10 a.m.
- Eco Armour and Mystic Water Soaps will be back for its last appearance before the holiday market.
For a list vendors, see the Greenbelt Farmers Market website. Participants vary by week.
The market asks that people who enjoyed this year's market season consider making a tax deductible donation to support next season's market.
Second Annual Holiday Market
Sunday will see the last market of the regular season, but market fans take note that there will be a second annual holiday market from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. on Sunday, Dec. 16, in the Roosevelt Center parking lot, where market-goers can can stock up on foods, decorations, wines, soaps and local goods.
The market also plans to repeat its group-singing at the holiday market. Singers interested in participating can email Mara at email@example.com