Greenbelt Farmer's Market is held Sundays, from 10 a.m. until 2 p.m. in the parking lot by Roosevelt Center, in the area between the New Deal Cafe and the Greenbelt Municipal building.
This Week at the Market:
Local chef Stacy brooks will hold a free cooking demo and discussion at 10:30 a.m. on how to cook seasonal greens, including southern slow-cooking, roasting and sauteing. She'll also talk about eating tender greens raw or slightly cooked.
Stacy's mantra is "Life's too short to eat bad food."
This week's farmers market community group is the Jim Cassels Award Committee, which has awarded funding to organizations that contribute to the community. Drop by their table and find out more.
New This Week:
Simple Pleasures Ice Cafe will offer blueberry ice cream made from Pat Hochmuth Farm's blueberries and cherry vanilla ice cream made from Shlagel Farm's cherries.
Three Springs Fruit Farm is adding lettuce this week.
Participants in Greenbelt Farmer's Market:
- : A variety of certified organic fruits, veggies, mushrooms, and eggs.
- Crepes at the Market: Crepes and freshly squeezed lemonade and orangeade.
- Ferguson Family Farm: All natural, pastured farm fresh eggs, chicken, turkey, duck, Berkshire pork, and 100% grass-fed beef. If you are interested in a fresh chicken, please contact Lynne at email@example.com.
- Firefly Farms: A variety of artisana goat cheeses and chevre, including two kinds of blue cheese.
- Glade Link Farms: A variety of veggies, cut flowers and bouquets.
- : 100% grass-fed bison, including burgers, steaks, sausages, ground bison and jerky.
- Mystic Water Soaps: Soaps and other natural body care products.
- Pat Hochmuth Farm: A variety of veggies, fruits and specialty gourds, as well as Pat's hand-painted birdhouse gourds and ornaments.
- : Certified Organic veggies; specializing in heirloom tomatoes.
- Pleitez Produce: A variety of veggies, fruits, and potted herbs.
- : A variety of veggies, hydroponic lettuces, fruits, herbs, hanging baskets, eggs and honey.
- Simple Pleasures Ice Cafe: Homemade ice creams, Italian ices, sherbets and sorbets using cream from Shenandoah Farms.
- Stone Hearth Bakery: European-style breads, baguettes, croissants, tartlettes, focaccia, scones, cookies and other baked goods.
- Thanksgiving Farms: A large selection of veggies, fruits and bedding plants.
- Three Springs Fruit Farm: A variety of fruits, veggies, jellies, juices, ciders, jams, dried fruits, canned peaches and apple sauce.
- Two Oceans True Foods: A selection of sustainably harvested seafood, including wild-caught salmon. They also have local eggs.
- Zeke's Coffee of Baltimore: Locally roasted single-estate farm coffees; many of which are either certified organic, fair trade or Rainforest Alliance. Pick up some coffee to drink or buy some beans to brew at home. Tea is also available.