This week at the Greenbelt Farmers Market, be on the lookout for leafy greens from Calvert Farm. The market is Sunday from 10 a.m. until 2 p.m. in the .
Calvert Farm also plans to bring:
- fresh cut herbs
- yellow squash
- green beans
- purple beans
- tomatoes—including slicers, heirloom, pear and cherry varieties.
- Among the greens, you'll find: Swiss chard, collard, baby arugula, kale, and probably mustard greens, according to farmer Pat Stegall.
Folks from the Greenbelt Community Foundation and the Greenbelt Rotary Club also will be on hand.
There will be no market next weekend due to the Greenbelt Labor Day Festival.
Greenbelt Farmer's Market Vendors
Take a look at the particpants with descriptions from Greenbelt Farmers Market information. Vendors vary by week.
- : A variety of organic fruits, vegetables, herbs, flowers, eggs from free-range chickens, baked goods, raw honey, mushrooms, bedding plants and walnuts.
- Crepes at the Market: Sweet and savory crepes and freshly squeezed lemonade and orangeade.
- Eco-Armour: Scented all-natural shaving gels and chemical-free bug spray. Eco-Armour joins the market 1st and 3rd Sundays of the month.
- Elk Run Vineyards: A variety of wines, including award-winning reds, whites, dessert wines, and specialty wines, made from grapes grown in Frederick County, Maryland.
- Ferguson Family Farm: All natural, farm-fresh eggs, chicken, turkey, duck, Berkshire pork, and 100 percent grass-fed beef. If you are interested in a fresh chicken, please contact Lynne at email@example.com.
- Glade Link Farms: A variety of fruits, vegetables, cut flowers and bouquets.
- Mystic Water Soaps: Soaps, lip balms, shampoos, lotions, and other natural body care products. Mystic Water Soaps joins the market 2nd and 4th Sundays of the month.
- Palmyra Farm Cheese: Several varieties of pasteurized artisan farmstead cheeses made with milk from the farm's award-winning herd of purebred registered dairy cows.
- Pat Hochmuth Farm: A variety of vegetables, fruits and specialty gourds, as well as Pat's hand-painted birdhouse gourds and ornaments.
- : Certified organic vegetables, herbs, and garden plants, specializing in heirloom tomatoes.
- Pleitez Produce: A variety of vegetables, fruits, and potted herbs.
- : A variety of veggies, hydroponic lettuces, fruits, herbs, hanging baskets, eggs and honey.
- Simple Pleasures Ice Cafe: Homemade ice creams, Italian ices, sherbets and sorbets using cream from Shenandoah Farms. Often features flavors using fruit and veggies from Greenbelt Farmers Market vendors.
- Stone Hearth Bakery: European-style breads, baguettes, rolls, croissants, tartlettes, focaccia, scones, cookies and other baked goods.
- Sunrise Catering: A variety of prepared vegan lunch and brunch foods and freshly made beverages.
- Thanksgiving Farms: A large selection of veggies, fruits and bedding plants, including annuals, perennials, kale, spinach, spring onions, and asparagus.
- Three Springs Fruit Farm: A variety of fruits, veggies, jellies, juices, ciders, jams, dried fruits, canned peaches, fruit butters, and apple sauce.
- Two Oceans True Foods: A selection of sustainably harvested seafood, including wild-caught salmon. They also have local eggs.
- Zeke's Coffee of Baltimore: Locally roasted single-estate farm coffees; many of which are either certified organic, fair trade or Rainforest Alliance. Get hot or iced or buy the beans to brew yourself. Tea is also available.