Edward Steinberg, an owner and the buyer for J.S. Edwards LTD Fine Mens Clothing in Pikesville, said there are plenty of reasons men should get dressed up for the holidays.
"Dressing for the holidays I think is important, especially if you are going to parties," Steinberg said.
For example, when you wear something new for the holidays, you:
1. Get compliments and feel better about yourself
2. Have a better time knowing you look good
3. Don't feel uncomfortable being underdressed
4. Compliment your host or hostess through your attire
5. Have fun by adding something new to your wardrobe: a new holiday color, a new scarf, sweater or necktie to add to your existing wardrobe, or by wearing the latest trend: fun socks.
"You feel a little more special and have a better time," when you're well-dressed, he said.
At the top of the fashion list for holidays this year at J.S. Edwards:
Socks. A variety of colors and patterns, by designers like Psycho Bunny. "They're bigger than ever," Steinberg said. "It's a guy's way to kind of show off a little bit," Steinberg said.
Shoes. The store has a line of shoes, Donald J. Pliner, including brown suede ones from Italy, with a contrast tone: blue stitching. A great gift: a pair of shoes with fun socks, he said.
Scarf. This accessory is popular this season, and there are plenty at J.S. Edwards.
Zipper sweaters. They're the biggest trend this season, and a top-seller. They cost about $100 apiece.
Tie. Add a new design, in new colors to enhance your own wardrobe.
J.S. Edwards is open from 9:30 a.m. to 6 p.m. Monday through Saturday; 9:30 a.m. to 8:30 p.m. Thursdays, and 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. Sundays.
For more information call 410-653-2266.