Happy New Year, Greenbelt! Welcome to 2013!
Here are five things you should keep in mind today.
1. City offices are closed today, Jan. 1. The Greenbelt Connection will also not operate.
2. If your trash or recycling was supposed to be collected Tuesday, it'll be collected Wednesday instead. Wednesday's route will now be collected Thursday and Thursday's route will be collected Friday for this week. There will be no yard waste collection this week.
3. Start off the new year with a swim. From 9 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. People ages 8 and up can start off 2013 with a swim for $5 at the Greenbelt Aquatic & Fitness Center. Call 301-397-2204 for more information.
4. 2013 Shuttle UM passes are available. It's getting colder and if you need to get around Greenbelt you can with the help of the University of Maryland's shuttle service. Residents can purchase an annual shuttle pass for $10 at the Greenbelt Aquatic & Fitness Center.
5. What's your new year's resolution? Share it with Patch and see what others are promising themselves in 2013.