Week in Review: Five Stories on Tap in Greenbelt
From rides, a pageant and parade to power outages and ideas for singles, it has been a busy week in our green city.
LABOR DAY FESTIVAL
1) This week the Greenbelt Labor Day Festival was in the news. If you missed these stories, you may want to take a look:
- Labor Day Festival Viewfinder with highlights of the weekend
- Photos: 2011 Labor Day Festival Parade
- Sylvia Lewis is Greenbelt Citizen of the Year for 2011
- Jump Rope Champions Win 'Best in Parade'
- Photos: 2011 Miss Greenbelt
- Labor Day Festival Hoop Heroics
SINGLES, MOMS and GREAT ESCAPE
This week I want to showcase our columnists for you, if you haven’t checked them out yet, now is a good time.
2) Amy Headley cracked me up this week with her ideas on how to be a Swinging Single, some of them were way out there, but certainly entertaining.
3) Anna Socrates wrote an interesting story about how she turned the Greenbelt blackout into a Great Escape. It ended with a neighborhood cookout, where they grilled food from their warm refrigerators.
4) Dawn Mooney, delves into the meaning of labor day, as a mom returning to the workforce. One of which is a means to an end as her family of five hopes to find a larger homes.
5) Also we had a new blogger come on board this week, Jeff Lemieux. He has a fascinating video and story about finding a good way to bike commute from Greenbelt to the District of Columbia.