Time for the Pooch Plunge
No, it's not a new dance.
It's that time again. Get ready for the 8th annual Pooch Plunge on Saturday, Sept. 10. Gotta love whoever came up with the name.
Now you and your best friend can swim together.
You can register at the event, but don't delay because participation is limited. For information call: 301-474-6124
The cost is $5 a dog and the limit is one dog a handler.
Small dogs have the kiddie pool available to them.
C’mon, what are you waiting for?
- Don't meet him halfway or go Dutch on a date. Don't accept a Saturday night date after Wednesday.
Oh wait, wrong rules. Let's try this again:
- Handlers must pick-up and properly dispose of dog(s) feces.
- Handlers must render first-aid if their dog is injured and notify other handlers if their dog inflicts injury.
- Handlers must come dressed to swim if they plan to enter the pool with dog.
- No glass containers.
- Dogs must be licensed and vaccinated.
The following will not be permitted for any reason:
- Dog treats or training treats
- Aggressive dogs
- Dogs in their heat cycle
- Dogs under (4) months of age
- Animals other than dogs
- Injured or sick dogs