Caption Contest: What a Zoo!
And, we have a winner!
The winner of this week's zoo caption contest is:
Timon and Pumbaa are never gonna let me live this down...
Thanks for making our day! We'll contact you for information on where to send your prize.
Did you know that the animals at the Smithsonian’s National Zoo take a swim test before they are allowed to wade in the zoo's waters?
This week's picture is a throwback to when the African lion cubs were taking their swim test!
So, can you come up with a caption for what this little guy is thinking in the photo?
We'll post one caption for a new photo each week, and the person with the most creative caption will win a Patch “swag kit”—complete with a tote bag, metal water bottle, magnet and pen.
Patch local editors will pick the winners. We’re a tough crowd...so make us laugh!
Check out last week's winner and tell us if you agree with our choice!
Don't forget to hit the "keep me posted" button below to stay updated on the caption contest! Keep up with all your local news with our newsletter—if you have a Patch account, click on your name, then on "newsletter" at the top right to sign up.
The fine print:
- Open to legal residents of the 50 United States, the District of Columbia who are 18 and older.
- To enter, write a caption and post as a comment.
- All entries must be received by Thursday of the next week at midnight Eastern time.
- You may enter up to five captions.
- Winners are selected at the discretion of Patch editors.
- A single weekly winner will win a Patch tote bag, water bottle, pen and magnet with a retail value of approximately $15. We may even throw in a t-shirt.
- See official rules attached as a PDF.